Monday, September 29, 2008

100% Happy

The reason I have not posted lately is that… I was having such a good time in Berlin that I didn’t want to sit down and write about it. I just wanted to live it. I feel such good energy in this city and it really resonates with my own energy and connects me to myself. I keep reminding myself that my life should always feel this way. I stayed with a student from Bolivia and we immediately became great friends and had fun hanging out at her place and going out in the city. I met a romantic interest who, if you can believe it, is a German Buddhist poet who spent the last year traveling in India and has the same Buddha statute in his apartment as I do. I spent a lot of time at a great coffee shop using their wireless internet and went to some really fun places in the city, some new ones and some that I had been to before. On Saturday I spent the afternoon lying in the sun in the Tiergarten park. The work at the museum was long and intense but fun and rewarding and I have more ideas for future research projects that I could do with the collection there. I’ve been meditating a lot and am feeling relaxed and have found my center again.

It’s amazing the connection that I have with this city. When I think of what I love about the city – the deep history, the acceptance, the individuality, the self-expression, they are all qualities that are important parts of myself. Aside from the times that I have spent in cities on the beach, I have never felt so at home somewhere.

In less than one week I’ll be in Nairobi via a few days in DC…looking forward to the adventures to come. I think a challenge for myself in the next few months is going to be to stay connected with myself and stay in the present moment while I’m doing so much traveling and going to so many different places.

No comments: