Friday, February 06, 2009

Huge

This week has been monumental for two reasons: I am finished with data collection for my dissertation, and I said goodbye to something I loved and let it go before it was past its prime.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for Johannesburg, where I'll spend the next week sorting through the last of the collection I've been studying. But essentially, I'm done. All the YEARS I've spent planning this trip, applying for grants, figuring out logistics.....done. Hard to believe. I could have stayed longer and kept on with the study, but I decided a few days ago that it was time to move on. I've had a great time here - the research has gone really well, it's beautiful, I'm in great surroundings, I have the time and money to stay.....but I feel deeply that it is time to go back to DC. So I've decided to leave, and am saying goodbye to the last part of my trip.

No comments: