Saturday, May 03, 2008

Not that I need any rescuing, but....

After my recent break-up, on top of everything else I found myself without a date for Lauren's upcoming wedding. I feel slightly shallow that this mattered so much to me, but for whatever reason it did: I'm in the wedding party, Lauren is one of my best friends, many of my college friends will be at the wedding, and originally Mike and I had been planning to spend a week in AZ before the wedding where he would meet my parents, I'd introduce him to my friends and show him where I grew up, etc.

So. I was feeling blue about attending the wedding solo. My college friend Brent and I have recently gotten back in touch, and a few months ago he was offered a dream job in NYC. Since he is actually making some real money, and he's always been super sympathetic and supportive through good and bad times, I asked him how he felt about spending a weekend in AZ. And so Brent, aka Superman, aka my knight in shining armor, is my date for the wedding. Of course he is good friends with Lauren and he will see lots of other friends from ASU, but I can't help feeling a little special that we will be attending it together :)

No comments: