Monday, April 21, 2008

Leaving Berlin

I had a great weekend - after the excitement of finding the additional fossils on Friday afternoon, Fire and I went to a vegetarian restaurant and consumed copious amounts of food, wine, and Irish coffee while catching up on all the English we had not been speaking for the past few weeks. We were literally at the restaurant from 7pm to 1am. We went out for brunch the next morning, and I spent the rest of Saturday and all day Sunday exploring more of the city, taking a yoga class, and having intense moments of reflection and meditation and new understanding.

I am so thankful and utterly grateful to have been in Berlin the past month to heal, reflect, and find myself again. I fell in love with the city and its energy helped me re-focus while having fun and being light-hearted and enjoying myself. I loved every single minute I spent here, and had so many wonderful moments – seeing Thomas again, spending time with him and having him show me around the city (and cook me a great vegetarian meal last weekend), meeting Fire and connecting with her and having fun and eating great meals together (I am so grateful for my ability to form deep friendships with people I meet anywhere in the world), finding the yoga studio and learning and smiling and exploring and meeting friendly and welcoming people, walking and wandering around the city, finding surprises at every twist and turn, having a great place to work in the museum, an interesting fossil collection, and discovering additional material that will allow me to return in a few months.

No comments: