Thursday, September 04, 2008

Parallel Universe

I arrived in France a few days ago and am in the midst of my parallel life. Today, for example, I had espresso and an almond croissant for breakfast, walked to the market with my mom, took a walk in the vineyards, had quiche and vintage reserve wine for lunch, hung laundry in the attic (we don't have a dryer), ironed towels, sheets and pillowcases (because everything's stiff when it's line-dried), read and sipped tea in a lounge chair snuggled under a blanket (it's already fall here), did yoga under a huge skylight during a torrential downpour, and had soup and more wine for dinner. Yes, people really live like this here.

And, in other exciting news.....a family member in the village now has wireless internet! Which makes it easier for me to get on-line using my own computer :) I guess I'm still an American at heart.

1 comment:

Miss E said...

Your parallel life sounds really wonderful. It was 95 in DC today. Have a pain au chocolat and an espresso for me, please?