Tuesday, September 01, 2009

A new season

Autumn to winter, winter to spring,
Spring into summer, summer into fall-
So rolls the changing year, and so we change;
Motion so swift, we know not that we move.
-Dinah Mulock Craik

It's been chilly in DC the past few days, a physical reminder that summer is over. I cannot believe how quickly the past few months have flown by. I am kind of scared about how fast time is passing. I think a big reason for that is a feeling that I'm constantly living in a future place - upcoming dissertation deadlines, anticipating Luke's next visit, etc. It's pretty unsettling and this month I really want to focus on being more present.

Luke was in town for a visit and left today. I've been meaning to write about the adventures we've had this summer for a while now and another one has come and gone. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Write on, Cath! :)