Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Back in LA

I'm here for a week and this trip comes at a perfect time. Although the computer loss really wasn't that bad I was so panicked I almost gave myself a heart attack and my environment in DC was feeling really toxic. Ben, Joƫlle's husband, set up an FTP site for me where I can back-up my files on line, which is especially great for when I'm traveling so that I don't have to carry an external hard drive with me.

Luke had a review with his committee yesterday, similar to mine last week. He also got the thumbs up so even though both of us are in a great position we're too exhausted to feel relieved. Yesterday was also 6 months after our first date, so we went to a restaurant on the beach in Santa Monica to celebrate. We're both hoping to take care of ourselves and each other this week while we try to unwind and keep at it with the work.

No comments: