Saturday, April 17, 2010

Breakfast in Bed


Luke likes to do things like voluntarily get up at 7:30 on a Saturday morning, whereas I....do not. However, once in a while this means he wakes me up bringing breakfast and coffee :)

We've gotten into Mad Men and were up late last night watching episodes. Today it's warm and sunny and perfect beach weather. Not much going on - Luke has to work, I really should work, and may go to the UCLA library. I got set up with a library card, which is pretty freaking awesome. I'm finishing my dissertation revisions - I was not done by the April 1 deadline, and now we are aiming for May 15. Technically my graduation date will be summer (not spring) 2010, though I don't think this affects anything. My perfectionist instincts are really slowing down the process when what I really need to do is just wrap things up. I've been struggling with this issue since I defended, not really sure how to best deal with it.

No comments: