Friday, April 16, 2010

Morning Coffee


I'm trying to get into the habit of posting and took this idea from another blog....I think the morning is the best time for me to write, before I get caught up in the day.

When Luke goes into school/work he leaves around 7 am to beat the rush-hour traffic, and since moving to Santa Monica means that his commute went from 10 to 30 minutes I try to get up with him and make a quick breakfast. Today I went back to bed after he left to drink my coffee and read the paper, which is where I'm posting from now.

I was in St. Louis, MO this week where I presented some of my diss research at a conference. The presentation went well and I got some much-needed motivation to keep going with my work. It was great to see a lot of my friends whom I've met on digs and travels and whom I don't keep in touch with often enough. The South Africans who discovered the newly-announced hominin, Australopithecus sediba, were there and I had actually met them and got to see the fossils and fossil site when I was in Johannesburg last year!

Luke has another exhibit next week so is working around the clock. I am trying to find a balance between relaxing, exercising, cooking, going to the beach, and also getting my work done. I miss my friends and some parts of DC but I have to say I am SO glad that I'm living somewhere else. Things were too crazy and hectic in DC and I'm still trying to get off the stress bandwagon.

No comments: