Sunday, July 13, 2008

Teaching - Take Two

My heart has been racing this evening at the thought of going back to the classroom tomorrow. I called some fellow teacher-friends to get some advice on regaining confidence after a failed teaching experience, and was just looking at my face in the mirror as I was getting ready for bed and thought of the following: 'Courage is not the absence of fear, it is doing what you are afraid to do.'

There's no question that I'm learning.....I guess that's what these experiences are for.

I had a lovely weekend - my grandmother and aunt Steph came to visit, and we had a great time relaxing, reading newspapers, eating, and visiting the monuments. It was really nice to have company in my apartment and spend some time with family, especially after the week I had. Because family loves you and thinks you're great no matter what you do :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's rare for anyone to
be successful without
any setbacks, but
one problem does not mean
the end.
I think when you overcome
setbacks you prove
your mettle.