Sunday, August 24, 2008

The day nothing went as planned

And that describes my Sunday. It started waking up with a cold, which I think I got either from the toxins swirling around my body after getting a massage yesterday or the fact that I've gotten to bed late and tipsy the past few nights and have not been using the neti pot. In any case, I have a summer cold. And I locked myself out of my apartment, so instead of doing what I had planned for the day you can guess how I spent the afternoon.

Over the past few days I've been realizing that mentally, I am already gone. The most important things for my trip are taken care of and I'm past the stress, and am feeling excited and happy to be traveling soon. This doesn't really fit with trying to be present and completely in the moment, but on the other hand traveling internationally for such a long time is a huge adjustment - different language, surroundings, people, food, customs, etc. So I've been justifying my mental state by saying that it's preparing me for my big trip. Well, the yoga gods had a chuckle over that one because today brought me back to the present with a big jolt.

No comments: