Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm off!!!

Today I'm leaving DC for my three-month whirlwind adventure in Europe and Africa. My itinerary:

Aug 23-Aug 31: Upper Paleolithic excavation with a French team at Angouleme, a town near Bordeaux
Sept 1-20: Vacation in Dambach-la-ville! Will see mom, chill out, and my cousin Joelle is getting married on Sept 9
Sept 20-25: Visit the Museum fuer Naturkunde in Berlin to study fossils (hopefully - am still trying to get this sorted out)
Sept 26-30: London to work at the Natural History Museum to study fossils
Oct 1-5: Johannesburg (University of the Witswatersrand) to study fossils
Oct 6-20: Bloemfontein/Florisbad to study fossils
Oct 21-Nov 21: Middle Stone Age excavation at Mossel Bay (where I was last year)
Nov 22: Return to DC, but will be MIA until Dec 1, when I defend my dissertation proposal

Being an anthropologist is feeling really good right now!!!

No comments: