Saturday, August 26, 2006

“I’m one stomach flu away from my perfect weight”

The women in The Devil Wears Prada would be jealous because I don’t think I’ve ever lost so much weight in so little time. On my second day here I caught a nasty stomach virus that wiped me out for two days. I spent an entire day and a half sleeping in bed, and another half day washing artifacts and bones at the lab because I wasn’t up for going back to the excavation. Luckily, tomorrow is our day off. What’s hilarious about this is that I’ve never caught anything in Kenya, Ethiopia, or South Africa, but I come to Bordeaux to excavate and get an intestinal virus that knocks me out for two days. Personally, I think that I was so strung out before leaving DC that my body rebelled in a major way as soon as it could get some down time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Catherine! Sorry to hear about your tummy. Eat lots of bacteria to replenish your system (cheese, anyone?). So glad to hear your Dr visit went well. Must be a weight off your mind. I'll be in London (!!!) Sept. 18-October 3; don't forget to bug Jesse (as will I) about a place to stay. Do you have a hostel lined up just in case?
You're sure missed here :) All the best xoxo