Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Flexing my 'No' muscle

I have been saying 'No' all day. At times to other people, but mostly to my own mind. No, I am not going to take on that responsibility. No, I am not going to bend over backward to accommodate another person. No, I am not going to check my email every three minutes. No, I am not going to think that after work I can meet a friend for tea, stop by the farmers market, pick up some contact solution, and have enough time to cook dinner, grade papers, and prepare my lesson for tomorrow. And most importantly -- No, I am not going to worry about that. No, I am not going to think that thought. No, I am not going to let my mind wander off in that direction. No, I am not going to get sad or upset by that situation. No, I am not going to lose myself to the irritation I feel from another person's actions. No, I am not going to be distracted from what is in front of me.

It's about time I started working out again.

No comments: