Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Wonder Woman

I secretly think I'm Wonder Woman. It's so secret that I usually forget about it, but my subconscious uses this belief as its guiding principle. I don't harbor illusions that I can fly or win street flights or look good running around in bikini bottoms. Rather, I believe that I am able to do an infinite and endless amount of anything and everything.

Then Wonder Woman crashes down to earth, flying straight into the ground in ruins.

I've spent part of the day feeling frustrated with my inability to do everything that I try to do and also believing, really believing, that I am capable of doing everything that I take on. I know that getting over this frustration isn't a matter of prioritizing or organizing or spending even more time working - it's a matter of setting boundaries, sticking to them, saying no, and not feeling bad about it. Recognizing that I've been speeding in the offramp lane to craziness and deciding to find the nearest onramp back to peace of mind.

No comments: