Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Heat Wave Ho-Hum

Not much going on here. The weather in DC is ridiculous. Unbelievably hot and muggy with occasional torrential downpours. Apparently it's even been foggy in the morning, though I'm not out early enough to see that. I'm spending a lot of time preparing for my class, trying to sleep enough and eat healthy, attempting (sometimes successfully) to meditate and stay centered. It's so easy to get distracted though, between the uncomfortableness of this heat and life's daily challenges (such as having a gas leak in my oven on a Sunday afternoon, the A/C in my office that's been broken for the past two weeks, students explaining why they missed the quiz yesterday and that they're happy to make it up whenever is convenient for me). Today I dealt with the challenges by coming home at 3pm, having a margarita and two big helpings of ice cream. Hmmmm, interesting choice. Well, I'm about to head off to Kevin's 8:00pm Yoga 2 class, which is always a good way to hit the re-set button.

No comments: