Friday, March 14, 2008

'And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom'

More Anaïs Nin. I've been familiar with these quotes for a while but they have never spoken to me as powerfully as they do now.

Mike gave me the comfort and trust and stability and unwavering love that I have always craved from a man and wanted for my family life. Love deeper than I knew was possible. To walk away from this was really, really hard. I am proud that I was able to be honest with myself that despite finding what I have always wanted so badly, I need more, and I deserve more, which I am not getting from our relationship.

Mike also has some painful decisions to make regarding growth - and perhaps I am not the person for him to make these changes with. It's scary to walk away from familiarity and comfort and venture into the unknown, having faith that more awaits - and that things will be okay. Staying feels safer, but attaching to this comfort can severely limit your growth. The courage to accept and act on this - moving on and letting go of what is familiar- is what allows you to move toward reaching your true potential.

No comments: